Why is Good Hand Hygeine so Important?
Hands are the main pathways for germ transmission, so washing them thoroughly and regularly can keep you healthy and prevent the spread of respiratory and diarrheal infections from one person to the next.
How do You Practice Good Hand Hygeine?
These five steps will help you wash your hands the right way:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply
- Soap up your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your
- Scrub your hands for at least 20
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them (Interestingly, because germs can be transferred more easily to and from wet hands, drying your hands after washing is just as important as actually washing your hands).
If soap and water are not readily available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol. Alcohol-based sanitisers will reduce an average of 97.72% of the germs on your hands.
Practising good hand hygiene is one of the best ways to keep yourself healthy, another is choosing Episodic Health. Get visits to your network GP, acute and chronic medication, unlimited basic blood tests and X-rays plus much more. Make the healthy choice – choose Episodic Health and get a quote today.