This is how your premium is calculated
For a base plan that covers just yourself as a single member, you get to choose a cover amount and can look up the premium in the table below below.
For example: for R40,000 cover for just you, the premium would be R180 pm.
My Immediate Family
For a base plan that covers yourself and up to 6 immediate family members, you get to choose a cover amount that will apply to all immediate family members. Look up the premiums in the table below.
A single premium will apply regardless of whether you add 1 or all 6 immediate family members on the base plan.
For example, to cover:
- yourself and your husband/wife for R30,000 = R180 pm
- yourself, your husband/wife and 5 children for R30,000 = R180 pm
My Extended Family
You can add up to 6 extended family members on to your base plan. Your base plan is either a single or family plan as described above.
You can choose the cover amount for each extended family member that you add. The premium for each depends on their age at the time of application. Look up the premium in the table below.
For example, to cover:
- yourself for R40,000 = R180
- your 70 year old mother for R30,000 = R225
- total premium = R180 + R225 = R405 pm
Another example, to cover:
- yourself and your wife for R40,000 = R240
- your two 20 year old brothers for R10,000 each = R50 + R50
- total premium = R240 + R100 = R340 pm
Who can be covered on the Funeral Plan
Immediate Family members on the funeral plan include your spouse (that is your husband, wife or partner) and your children.
The Principal Member and spouse must be at least 18 years old and younger than 65 when they join a policy.
Your children may be natural, adopted or foster children, as long as they are younger than 21 years and not married.
However, if your child is still a registered full-time student, then this age limit is increased to 26 years.
Extended Family members on the funeral plan include your:
- children that don't qualify as immediate family
- parents, grandparents and grandchildren
- brothers and sisters
- aunts and uncles (meaning the brother or sister of your mother or father)
- nephews and nieces (meaning the children of your brother or sister)
The above must be your (the principal members) family line and not that of your spouse.
All extended family members must be 18 years or older and younger than 85 when they join a policy.
What Funeral Plan are you going to build?
Talk to us and get a quote.
Read all about it
Download the brochure and policy wording, read it in your own time and let us know when you're ready for a quote.