Episodic believes in giving you the power of choice to build your own financial solutions that suit your needs and your budget. Our new Funeral Plan is no exception.
Read on to find out how you can cover your immediate and extended family and for how much.
What is a Funeral Plan?
Funeral Plans offer cover in the form of cash payouts on the death of an insured family member.
But not all funeral plans are the same. They differ in how many people may be covered on one policy, who may join a policy, what you have to do to qualify, how much money pays out and what sort of value-added services are included. These all make a big difference to the risk and the premium of a funeral plan which is why we believe that simpler is better.
The main advantage of a funeral plan is how quickly it pays out. Episodic's plan is underwritten by African Unity Life and they settle claims within 48 hours. That's pretty quick and it means that cash will be available to pay for funeral services or even simply to give you some cash flow to pay for expenses while you grieve.
Why You Should Consider Episodic's Funeral Plan
We created this product to be one of the most flexible and affordable funeral plans in South Africa and we believe we've got that just right. Here's how:
- We focus on good plain value for money. We simply offer funeral cover at the lowest possible rate we can provide.
- We don't hide or bundle Value-Added Services into your plan that you don't want or won't use. If you want legal assistance or emergency services then those products can be found separately. We don't include them by default.
- We offer you the choice of how much cover you want. Episodic is not a one-size-fits-all plan.
- We offer you the choice of how many family members to include on your policy. You pay only for how many people are covered.
- You can add extended family members to your plan, not just your immediate family.
- To take out a policy, there are no dependencies on any other product. You don't need to have our health insurance or any other product to qualify.
- And as mentioned, valid claims payout within 48 hours of being submitted.
We can go on, but you simply have to look at some of the other funeral plans on the market to see the difference.
Your Choice of Family Members
Whether you're looking for cover for:
- just yourself
- your immediate family
- or even your extended family
the Episodic Funeral Plan has flexible options that you can choose from.
You can add up to 6 Family Members to your policy. That includes your spouse (or partner) and your children.
You can also add up to 6 Extended Family Members. This includes your parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts or uncles.
Your Choice of Cover Limits
You can cover yourself or your immediate Family Members with a choice of R30,000, R40,000 or R50,000 according to your needs and budget. All Family Members, including yourself, will have the same chosen cover limit applied to your policy.
Extended Family Members can be covered for R10,000, R20,000, or R30,000 each. The difference here is that you can choose a cover amount per Extended Family Member. For example, you can add your mother with R30,000 cover and your brother with R10,000 cover.
Control Your Budget
By giving you the choice of how many people to add to the policy and at what cover limit, you can build a funeral plan that fits your budget. Many funeral plans on the market give you a single choice with a single premium and you end up paying for cover for family members that you don't have or don't want to cover. We believe you should have a choice and so we created the product to do just that: give you the choice to control your budget.
You can find the latest premium tables on the Funeral Plan page.
Find Out More
For more information on the plan, the pricing and the finer details you can:
- Browse our Episodic Funeral Plan pages on our website
- Ask us for a quote and speak to one of our consultants.
- Download our brochure for a quick overview of the product options and pricing
- Download the policy wording for more a more detailed explanation of the terms and conditions
We are always happy to talk to people and help them make the best possible choice. Why not reach out to us and start a conversation? We are happy to help.