A Waiting Period is a time duration after a policy becomes active in which benefits to an insured member will not be paid.
The waiting periods for the Episodic Funeral Plan are:
- None for accident death - cover is available immediately
- 12 calendar months for death owing to suicide
- 6 calendar months for death owing to natural or unnatural causes (other than death or suicide)
Waiving of Waiting Periods
The Waiting Periods for an insured member may be waived if:
- the insured member had a previous policy with another insurance provider at least 31 days before to entering into the Episodic Funeral Plan and
- the previous policy benefits provided similar risk cover and
- a 6 calendar month Waiting Period was completed on the previous policy
If the full 6 month Waiting Period has not been completed then the benefits on your new policy with us will be subject to the outstanding Waiting Period.
You will need to supply:
- The Policy Schedule issued to you by the previous insurer listing the full details of each of the insured members as well as the Waiting Periods which still apply
- Proof of payment for all premiums up to 6 calendar months prior to the termination of that policy