The Episodic Funeral Plan is a very flexible product. You can add up to 13 people on a single policy. The plan is made up of:
- a base plan that can cover just you or your immediate family
- extended family members that can be added to your base plan.
This is the person taking out the policy. You must be at least 18 years old and younger than 65 years at the time of application.
When you take out a funeral policy, the base plan can cover you and up to 6 dependants on the base Family policy for a single premium. The dependants on this part of your policy can be the spouse and/or children of the Principal Insured.
Your spouse is your legal or common law husband or wife. Your spouse must be younger than 65 years to qualify as Immediate Family, otherwise they can be added as Extended Family.
Your children must be unmarried and include:
- your children or stepchildren
- natural or legally adopted children
- foster children
All children must be younger than 21 years at the time of application. This limit can be raised to 26 years if they are a registered full-time student.
You can add up to 6 Extended Family members onto your plan. Each Extended Family member has their own cover amount and has a separate premium amount associated.
All Extended Family members must be at least 18 years old and younger than 85 years at the time of application. Extended Family are the family members of the PRincipal Insured and can include:
- Your spouse (if they are 65 or older and can't be added as Immediate Family)
- Your children
- Your parents: your mother or father
- Your grandparents: the parents of your parents
- Your siblings: your brothers and sisters
- Your aunts and uncles: the siblings of your parents
- Your nephews and nieces: the children of your siblings